Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The First Post!!

I'm starting this blog more as a journal for myself, and in the future maybe one with the exploits of my kids.

But before that there's the intro to the family!

There's GeekDaddy, my hubby of almost 2 years! With Serenity in his lap of course, that's his furbaby!

There's Beckett, my beautiful furbaby!
And then there's me....ArtieGeekMomma!

Boo! Well anyways we are a twenty something couple living in the North Shore of Chicago (aka the North Chicago Suburbs.) We've been together since my freshman year in college, and got married the summer before student teaching. Serenity joined our family by surprise not much later. My brother's mom found her as a 5 week old kitten in her company's warehouse. Despite my nursing her and feeding her, she still prefers GeekDaddy over me. Because of the feeling of being left out, January 2009 we went to Petsmart and found Beckett.

Our family isn't complete yet! I constantly remind Geek Daddy of this (this topic has provoked many arguments and annoyed glances), of which he is obviously not ready! But that doesn't keep me from wanting to expand our family to non-furbabies yet!

DaddyGeek work for the Navy base, I.....well I have a Teaching degree, but with this economy I've been stuck with substituting and random jobs such as working at JoAnn Fabrics, but I did just get hired for a Summer Art/Music Camp, which will help us pay off the debt. And keep me busy ;)

So that's the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment