Thursday, May 27, 2010

Where is my life going?

I've since wondered this after graduating from college. During my student teaching I figured I would be able to get a job right when I graduated. Boy was I delusional. I haven't had a steady job since then! I've done substitute teaching for two school districts (which I got tired of really fast), I worked at JoAnn Fabrics fro 6 months where I meant one of my best friends before I kept butting heads with a boss and finally quit, I've worked at the Gap for the Holidays, and now I've got nothing after moving.

Well I do have the Camp job for the summer, which I'm actually really excited about, but that leaves me high and dry once school starts. I did have two interviews yesterday, one for a Before/After school child care thing, and one for a maternity leave art position for a year. The first one went well performance wise, but they just wanted too much from me and weren't offering enough. I think I did bad at the second interview, so I probably won't get it. But I'll reapply to the child care in the infant area which would have less hours, and something I would actually want to do.

I'm hoping to get some infant experience before we have kids because there aren't any little ones in our family anymore! And the youngest on GeekDaddy's side was just born, but her family lives 2+ hours away! I did get to hold her, and I was super nervous, but I totally enjoyed it even though she cried the whole time! I've realized I am totally ready for us to expand our family, but we are not financially. I still have my loans to pay off then GeekDaddy's parents because they bought my car for me when my old one died on me. This does not mean my body is happy with me, it craves babies and children! Has been for awhile but the Baby Rabies will not be happy until there is one around!

So my goals for the summer are to enjoy the camp job, use the money to pay my loans, and GeekDaddy's job will also help with that so hopefully we'll be down about $4K at the end of the summer. Then we go to Dragon*Con, which I've been saving up for since the last one (we go every year! It really only costs $300 a person so not that bad for a 5 day vacation!), and then I have to have another job. I think I'll reapply to Target if I can't find anything else. The sooner I find a a job, the more I can pay off these stupid student loans!

*sigh* rant over!

No comments:

Post a Comment